Are you looking for an autonomous, hands on role within a dynamic and rapidly growing business? As the first R&D/Innovation hire for this exciting food startup following a period of impressive expansion, this role puts you at the heart of the leadership team, partnering with the co-founders. You'll have the unique opportunity of building an internal R&D function from scratch. With a large chunk of recent investment already dedicated to building an in-house R&D facility, you'll manage the growth of the innovation function and team.
This is a role for a 'hustler' who likes to challenge the status-quo and add value. Overseeing new products and developing improvements on existing products, you won't take no for an answer and will be relentless in driving the business forward.
In return for playing a key role in the further growth of the business, you'll have access to share-options, flexible working hours and the chance to make a real impact in an early stage, market leading brand.
What you'll be doing...
- In short, you'll be joining this growing team and building an internal R&D/Innovation function from scratch
- Oversight of the design, development, testing of new products, bringing these from a concept, to reality
- With a persistence about your work, you'll strive to find incremental product improvements across the board including testing and analysis
- Managing external relationships based around manufacturing, processing and ingredients
- Act as a partner to the co-founders at this exciting time of expansion, including managing the innovation budget and growth of the team
- Field based work including industry related events to keep on top of market trends and drive internal innovation strategy
- Partner with the Ops function on product launches
What you'll bring to the table...
- A deep understanding of food innovation and an understanding of the process from conception to launch
- Experience with a food/FMCG is vital, ideally within a high-growth startup brand
- You'll be a 'hustler' with a relentless drive to continue the growth of a market leading product
- Ideally some experience of people management including hiring/building a team
- Tenacious and with a positive attitude, you'll be able to adapt to unforeseen challenges as and when they arise
- A commercial understanding to enable you to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- As a team player, with honesty and integrity, you'll thrive from working in a small team who don't take themselves too seriously!
If this sounds like you, then please apply online or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John for more information.