This is a fixed term role from April 2021 to 31st October 2021
The Golf Operations Assistant will be part of the Golf At Goodwood team and will report to the Operations Supervisor.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Always inspired by Goodwood’s heritage
Daring to surprise and delight
Striving to do things even better
Sharing our infectious enthusiasm
Purpose of the role
To assist with the daily running of the Golf Operation within our fast-paced, multi-course venue ensuring all operational and customer service standards exceed those expected at Goodwood at all times. You will have a key role in assisting customers through every stage of their customer journey, ultimately playing your part in helping Golf At Goodwood achieve its goal of being a member led, vibrant, feel good club.
- To provide excellent customer service to all members and guests, dealing with their requests and enquiries in a timely and professional manner and anticipating their needs where possible through proactive activity;
- To promote and upsell appropriate services and products to all members and guests;
- Build strong rapport with members and guests through consistent and professional customer engagement;
- Maintain a full knowledge of the Club membership systems, including unique selling points;
- Maintain the smooth and pro-active running of the daily golf operation, completing daily checklists and ensuring minimum disruption to golfers, from pace of play management of both golf courses to maintaining facility and customer service standards across all operational areas such as driving ranges, hire services and golf reception;
- Understand and assist with the procedures and delivery of events, including large corporate golf days, societies and our own exciting members’ diary;
- Assisting with golf reception duties, including the check-in process, retail operations and being responsible for daily cash handling, ensuring all transactions are processed correctly and end of day cash ups balance;
- As and when required, perform club and equipment repairs such as re-spike and re-gripping services;
- To assist with daily golf administration tasks.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested in order to ensure satisfactory performance within the role and the wider team.
Qualities you will possess
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Passion for what you do
- Determination to get things done
- Someone who shows initiative and has a proactive approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident in making decisions
- Enjoy working in a team
- Excellent communicator
- Enjoys a challenge
- Outgoing with a sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Ability to anticipate guest needs and respond appropriately to customer queries in order to meet and exceed their expectations;
- Capability to manage your time effectively and prioritise your workload
- A passion & understanding of golf is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the services provided by Golf At Goodwood would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of working within a team and in a customer service environment would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience of working within the golf industry would be beneficial
- Driving licence and reliable transport is essential due to the rural location of Goodwood
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)